Associate Director of Search Engine Optimization
The Associate Director, SEO will work directly with client partners and internal teams to develop and deliver organic search strategies and content marketing projects for assigned accounts.
The ideal candidate will offer a strong mix of technical, analytical, and communication skills; capable of rolling up their sleeves to dig into the nitty-gritty details of technical SEO, but also able to simplify and talk through complex topics directly with clients.
Strong communication and business writing skills are required, as this role will be responsible for presenting recommendations to executive audiences on assigned accounts, with support from internal leadership.
Ongoing projects will include and are not limited to SEO-focused research, ideation, situation assessments, development of recommendations, delivery of work, and measurement & reporting.
- Audit and analyze client’s SEO performance, identify issues, find root-causes, recommend fixes, and experiment with solutions to improve performance.
- Use data from a number of sources to evaluate the effectiveness of SEO initiatives and provide recommendations for improvements in content marketing, technical SEO, and conversion rate optimization.
- Conduct detailed technical audits of websites to determine the overall health of the website and what technical elements might be hindering performance.
- Create and maintain weekly/monthly dashboards and reports, and identify key insights to inform future SEO strategies.
- Manage SEO initiatives including site architecture, keyword research/analysis, content creation, and link‐building to optimize search engine rankings.
- Coach the creative team and assist with the optimization of website content, landing pages and blog content, including the creation of meta content, schema markup, social markup, etc.
- Work closely with development teams (both internally and externally) in the implementation of SEO recommendations.
- Assist clients in local SEO strategies, including setting up Google Business and Bing Places for Business, as well as developing hyperlocal content strategies and amplification plans.
- Conduct competitive research and analysis and synthesize those findings into actionable recommendations for clients.
- Perform keyword research to help inform content strategy and identify opportunities for enhanced content on a specific topic.
- Keep abreast of search engine algorithm updates and integrated marketing trends.
- All other duties as assigned by the leadership team.
- 7+ years working in search engine optimization.
- First-hand experience working with medium to large websites (5,000+ pages).
- AEM experience a plus.
- Strong understanding of technical-SEO fundamentals (page markup & schema, URL structures, site crawl performance, server vs. client-side rendering, caching & CDNs, etc).
- Strong analytical skills – able to navigate analytics data with ease and discover insights that lead to new opportunities. Adobe Analytics experience highly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience using SEO tools (such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SEMRush, Screaming Frog, Ahrefs, among others) and creating client-ready reports, decks, and dashboards.
- Proficient experience in Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Workspace, with the ability to create professional and visually appealing client reports, decks, slides, and dashboards.
- Proven track record assuming ownership, moving quickly to implement ideas and delivering results in a fast-paced online environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to prioritize tasks, multitask and manage time efficiently. Extra points if you’ve worked with Trello and Slack.
- Catchweight is headquartered in Columbus, Ohio but we’ve always been remote-friendly and have team members located all throughout the country – from New York to California.
- We offer a competitive salary, generous vacations, health benefits, 401k with employer match, learning and development opportunities, and more. Weekly video calls keep the team in touch, and when travel is once again possible, we like to meet in person annually for some team bonding and fun.