Senior Manager, SEO
Catchweight is seeking a Senior Manager, SEO to join our growing team. The Senior Manager, SEO will report to the Director, SEO and will work directly with client partners and internal teams to develop and deliver search and content marketing projects for assigned accounts.
The ideal candidate will offer a strong mix of technical, analytical, and communication skills; capable of rolling up their sleeves to dig into the nitty-gritty details of technical SEO.
This role will also provide ongoing management and day-to-day leadership for individual SEO and content marketing projects including research, ideation, situation assessments, development of recommendations, delivery of work, and measurement & reporting.
Note: Catchweight is headquartered in Columbus, Ohio but this role is also open to remote candidates with a proven track-record of being a proactive self-starter.
- Audit and analyze client’s SEO performance, identify issues, find root-causes, recommend fixes, and experiment with solutions to improve performance.
- Use data from a number of sources to evaluate the effectiveness of SEO initiatives and provide recommendations for improvements in content marketing, technical SEO, and conversion rate optimization.
- Conduct detailed technical audits of websites to determine the overall health of the website and what technical elements might be hindering performance.
- Create and maintain weekly/monthly dashboards and reports, and identify key insights to inform future SEO strategies.
- Optimize website content, landing pages and blog content, including the creation of meta content, schema markup, social markup etc.
- Manage SEO initiatives including site architecture, keyword research/analysis, content creation and link‐building to optimize search engine rankings.
- Assist clients in local SEO strategies, including setting up Google Business and Bing Places for Business, as well as developing hyperlocal content strategies and amplification plans.
- Keep abreast of search engine algorithm updates and integrated marketing trends.
- All other duties as assigned by the leadership team
- 4+ years working in search engine optimization
- Strong understanding of technical-SEO fundamentals (page markup & schema, URL structures, site crawl performance, server vs. client-side rendering, caching & CDNs, etc)
- Strong analytical skills – able to navigate analytics data with ease and discover insights that lead to new opportunities
- Demonstrated experience using SEO tools (such as Moz, SEMRush, Screaming Frog, Ahrefs, Google Search Console, among others) and creating client-ready reports, decks and dashboards
- Proficient experience in Excel and PowerPoint, and the ability to create professional and visually appealing client reports, decks, slides, and dashboards
- Proven track record assuming ownership, moving quickly to implement ideas, and delivering results and in a fast-paced online environment