We’re looking for an SEO strategist for a 3-month contract that can lead to a full-time position to help support our growing team.
The SEO strategist will work directly with client partners and internal teams to develop and deliver organic search strategies and content marketing projects for assigned accounts.
The ideal candidate will offer a strong mix of technical, analytical, and communication skills; capable of rolling up their sleeves to dig into the nitty-gritty details of both content and technical SEO.
Specifically, we’re looking for someone who can analyze data from a variety of sources (analytics, keyword research, competitive insights, technical crawls) and convert that information into actionable strategies for our clients.
Note: Catchweight is headquartered in Columbus, Ohio but this role is also open to remote candidates with a proven track-record of being a proactive self-starter.
- Audit and analyze client’s SEO performance, identify issues, find root-causes, recommend fixes, and experiment with solutions to improve performance.
- Use data from a number of sources to evaluate the effectiveness of SEO initiatives and provide recommendations for improvements in content marketing, technical SEO, and conversion rate optimization.
- Conduct detailed technical audits of websites to determine the overall health of the website and what technicalelements might be hindering performance.
- Create and maintain weekly/monthly dashboards and reports, and identify key insights toinform future SEO strategies.
- Manage SEO initiatives including site architecture, keyword research/analysis, content creation and link‐building to optimize search engine rankings.
- Coach the creative team and assist with the optimization of website content, landing pages and blog content, including the creation of meta content, schema markup, social markup, etc.
- Work closely with development teams (both internally and externally) in the implementation of SEO recommendations.
- Assist clients in local SEO strategies, including setting up Google Business and Bing Places for Business, as well as developing hyperlocal content strategies and amplificationplans.
- Conduct competitive research and analysis and synthesize those findings into actionable recommendations for clients.
- Perform keyword research to help inform content strategy and identify opportunities for enhanced content on a specific topic.
- Keep abreast of search engine algorithm updates and integrated marketing trends.
- All other duties as assigned by leadership team.
- 5+ years working in search engine optimization.
- Strong understanding of technical-SEO fundamentals (page markup & schema, URL structures, site crawl performance, server vs. client-side rendering, caching & CDNs, etc).
- Strong analytical skills – able to navigate analytics data with ease and discover insights that lead to new opportunities.
- Demonstrated experience using SEO tools (such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SEMRush, Screaming Frog, Ahrefs, among others) and creating client-ready reports, decks, and dashboards.
- Proficient experience in Excel and PowerPoint, and the ability to create professional and visually appealing client reports, decks, slides, and dashboards.
- Proven track record assuming ownership, moving quickly to implement ideas, and delivering results in a fast-paced online environment.